Menlo Money Matters was founded by Sally-Ann Cooper in 2002 after many years of financial industry experience in the US, UK and Switzerland. Since that time, she has helped small businesses, startups, individuals and high net worth families gain and maintain control of their finances.
Sally prides herself at being exceptionally well organized, able to get the job done in a timely manner and keeping clients on task. Her previous work experience in the corporate world has provided her with the valuable skills needed to be self employed: she's analytical, a problem solver, has persuasive written and oral ability and, probably the most important, the competence to work well under pressure.
Prior to moving to California in 1996, Sally's work experience included managing a currency fund for a major US Bank in London, developing financial derivative products in Geneva for high net worth clients, working in a corporate treasury for a multinational FMCG company and managing clients for an international bank.
Sally is a member of the American Association of Daily Money Managers, a Certified Bookkeeper, a qualified Technical Analyst and has a double major in Economics and Statistics. She is also an expert in the use of Quicken, QuickBooks and Excel.
- Born and brought up in London. Moved to CA in 1996 with husband and 2 children. Became US citizen in 2007.
- Banking career in the '80s. Became member of the British Bankers Association.
- Worked at the currency trading desk at American Express Bank forecasting the markets. Qualified as a technical analyst and have used these skills in all areas of personal investing. Managed a $30m currency fund for the bank.
- Transferred to Geneva with American Express Bank to develop derivative products.
- Menlo Money Matters evolved initially from reading an article in the Wall Street Journal in 2002 and pulling together years of knowledge of personal finance and organizational skills.
- Became member of the Association of Daily Money Managers in 2003.
- Client list developed from high net worth individuals and busy professionals to complication family offices and small businesses.
- Further education includes bookkeeping, becoming certified in 2008 and personal finance for own interest.
- A Daily Money Manager Can Help You Get a Handle on Daily Finances: DMMFeature5_25_07.pdf
Sally Cooper in the News!
- From the Almanac Online: Local resident test-drives plug-in Prius
Please email to inquire -> firstname.lastname@example.org